Friday, May 21, 2010

Presentations, Prom, and Polar Bears



Hey People,
Hope life is treating you well. My life is awesome. I am nearing the end of my high school years. WHOAAAAH! So, I needed to update you all. First I will begin with some awesome news. I won two scholarships. One is from the Illinois Conservation Foundation, and the second one I won from the Women's Board at Brookfield Zoo/ The Chicago Zoological Society! I am really excited! I also went to the senior awards banquet at my high school and won the Science Academic Achievement award! So that was an awesome surprise! I had my presentation on Wombats with Science Track Year 2. It went well. I actually had prom the same day as my wombat presentation. So I went to the zoo in my dress, then went to prom right afterwards. It was ok though because my dress fit the zoo theme. Yes, I put a polar bear on my dress. Why? Because the zoo has been a huge part of my life. Each day I remember my expedition to Canada to study the bears and I remember that I am a conservation leader. The polar bear resembles everything during my high school years. I spend more time at the zoo than any friend's house. Another reason why I had a polar bear painted on my dress is so that I could continue to educate. People at the dance would notice the bear and ask about it, or be reminded about protecting this species. Anyway thats a basic sum of what has been going on. Prom was an awesome night and my presentation was fun. I will catch up again later when I don't have senior banquets all week! CAIO! ~Wildlife Katie

1 comment: