Sunday, March 14, 2010

Steve Irwin in Training


About Me:
I have always had a love for wildlife ever since I can remember. I actually wanted to be an actress when I grew up, but somehow during my middle school days I ended up at Brookfield Zoo/ Chicago Zoological Society. I actually got into the Youth Volunteer Program in '07-08. I had written a complaint letter to the zoo after reading through the Zoo Views Magazine and noticed there were no opportunities listed for teenagers. I got a letter back saying there was a Youth Volunteer program and they asked if I would like to apply, I did, then I was called for an interview, and then I got into the program. I never knew that once I would step in those zoo gates my future would unfold before me. It is my 4th year working and volunteering at Brookfield Zoo/ The Chicago Zoological Society and I have learned so much about animals and conservation. I also was chosen to go on a trip in 2008 to Churchill, Manitoba, Canada to study Polar Bears with Polar Bears International as an Arctic Ambassador. My experiences both in the zoo and in Canada changed my life. My goal is to be a Conservation leader and to make a difference in this world benefiting the environment and the wildlife. ~ Wildlife Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment