Monday, September 13, 2010

What 2010 Brings


Hey Friends, Family, and Fans,
I am really excited for the rest of this year! I am having two friends from Melbourne, Australia that are coming to visit in November! I am really excited about their visit because as you should probably know- I am obsessed with Australia. I hope someday I can work with marsupials in the wild or have an opportunity with the Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's Zoo). I recently had a friend return from Australia and she bought me, "The Secret Life Of Wombats, By: James Woodford," So far it is a really incredible book about one of my favorite marsupials. The book also happens to feature Dr. Rod Wells, whom I happened to chat with recently about wombat warrens. I got his contact information from Mrs. Sandy Mann from the Brookfield Zoo's Women's board. I met her when at the scholarship luncheon that I attended before this summer. It is quite amazing how you meet so many people and how many connections people have! Really cool stuff.
I am also really excited for December of 2010 because I am going to California to meet up with my fellow arctic ambassadors with Polar Bears International!!! This will be our first reunion since our trip to Canada. I am so incredibly excited for visiting the San Diego Zoo, learning how to surf, celebrating new years in L.A. We have many plans and I can't wait until Christmas Day when I leave on the plane!
Well thats enough info for now. Talk to you all soon! Big Bear Hugs~Wildlife Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment